Sunday, March 13, 2016

Communication Tool #4

Communication Tool #4

Edublogs – Edublogs.org – Unlike Twitter and Facebook, Edublog gives myself, and some parents a little more sense of security and privacy. Teachers can set up blogs for their classrooms and students’ blog pages with high privacy and security settings, set by the teacher. Concerned administrators and parents are more onboard with this type of communication tool. For example, in my district, we can use Edublogs, but we can’t use Facebook or Twitter. I easily set up my classroom blog; however, I am still experimenting with my individual student blogs. I have used my classroom blog, so far in baby steps, to post my weekly newsletter and some classroom activity photos. I will start having my students post “articles” they have written on classroom activities soon. Soon, students will have their individual blogs and be able to publish collaboratively with other students and be able to be a published author. A classroom blog is a nice way for home school communication too.  Parents can access newsletters, see photos and see reminders of activities happening.


Early Elementary Technology Tool Rubric

Score
1-DNM
2-PM
3-M
4-E


Notes
Safety

4
This offers more of a sense of security and privacy in comparison to the public platforms of Twitter and Facebook.
Student Enjoyability


4

Students will love creating their own blogs and developing the backgrounds and graphics to enhance their blogs pages.

Accessibility

3
This tool is free. YAY! Students and teachers can use this tool easily.
Feedback (When Applicable)

4
It is easy to give feedback to students as  a teacher, parent or peer. Peers and parents can also leave comments as well. Teachers can be in charge of the pages and delete inappropriate comments

Higher Level Thinking
3
Students can demonstrate higher level thinking abilities within their academic assignments, reflections and their individual response to feedback by parents, teachers and peers.


No comments:

Post a Comment