Sunday, March 13, 2016

Carlene Bouley Module 5 Collaboration Task:  Google Hangouts
Note: Highlighted area is the score.  If not highlighted it
is Not Applicable.

Google Hangouts is something I did not even realize that we
had.  Our district is Google everything, yet I had not explored
this application until we were assigned the collaboration task
in Module 4.  Google Hangouts is a forum in which one can conference call
or video conference. I was looking for a forum to be able to video chat
with my AP U.S. History students when I will be on medical
leave and I believe I have found the one.  The reason being
that since our school has embraced Google, I do not foresee
any technical issues not access problems.  I put a 2 for targeted
DOK because, when it comes to this application, it is a matter of
how it is used.  It is a 2 for monitoring capability as it depends
if the teacher is on the call or if the students are on it alone.
It can also be accessed through APP downloads which makes it
quite useful and accessible.


3- Awesome!
2-Meh
1-Not worth my time.
Efficiency(teacher)
Teacher can use it consistently throughout the year.
Teacher can use it somewhat consistently throughout the year.
A burden to use.
User Friendly (teacher)
Walks you through the setup or tutorials and quick and easy.
No tutorials but I can figure it out.
I’m registered.  Now what do I do?
Cost
Free
Some options are free or price is minimal
Not free or limited free functions.
Validity
Blogs: Updated weekly
Apps: High educational value
Blogs: Updated monthly
Apps: Some educational value
Blogs: Updated annually
Apps: No educational value
Safety
Privacy options
Limited privacy options
No options for privacy
DOK (Depth of Knowledge)
Effectively utilizes targeted DOK
Somewhat utilizes the targeted DOK
Doesn’t utilize targeted DOK
Monitoring Capability
Teacher can monitor and edit all student activity.
Teacher can monitor student content but may not edit.
Teacher can’t monitor all student content.
Permission (school)
Permitted
Needs IT permission
Not permitted
Student Use
Students would be lost without it!
Somewhat enhances student learning.
Does not enhance student learning.
User Friendly (student)
Students can quickly access content or desired tasks from home screen or search bar.
Requires a number of steps to get started and students sometimes need direction along the way.
Students can’t use independently or need constant direction when using.
Student Engagement
Kids love it!
Students use when prompted.
Students complain about using it.


No comments:

Post a Comment