Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Review of Facebook as a Communication Tool


In reviewing Facebook as a communication tool, there are certainly advantages of quick communication with a vast audience, the ability to have groups, and the option to connect with Instant Messenger.  Some of the downfalls of Facebook is the amount of Ads and the amazing ability that Facebook has to track your personal information.  I just recently created a Facebook page to participate in a private group.  I was certainly amazed by the little information I filled in about myself, the number of "friends I may know" that immediately appeared.

In the classroom, I feel with proper digital citizenship expectations, Facebook could be used for class pages and sharing information.  There are many sports teams that use Facebook exclusively to post pictures and update about games.  Facebook could certainly be beneficial for extracurricular clubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment