Sunday, June 19, 2016

Kidblog Evaluation Using Communication Rubric


  • One could use Google Translate to create or read posts in different languages, but there is not a built in feature for translating text, so I couldn't give Kidblog a 4 for that standard.
  • Kidblog is VERY kid-friendly.  My third grade students used it without any issues.  I know kindergarten teachers who have used Kidblog, and with practice, young students are completely capable of posting independently.
  • There is a limited amount of video and photos that can be added using the free version of Kidblog.  Once you pay, you have much more freedom.  My kids always loved to include videos and pictures of their spelling study methods, so we finally bit the bullet and bought the paid version.
  • Kidblog continues to make improvements to their platform.  They strive for "privacyprocessaudience, and moderation. *"  Moderation is particularly important to me because I want to be cautious about what gets posted.  My class often would pull up posts or comments that were being written and discuss how they could be improved, or why I hadn't cleared the comment to be posted.
  • Teachers have the option to archive previous classes.  I love this option because I could then use the work of prior students as examples for the current class.
**Rubric created in collaboration with Tricia Bursey and James Hoisington.  Evaluation of Kidblog using the rubric is my own thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment