Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Communication possibilities with Twitter



Twitter can be a valuable professional learning tool as well as communication tool.  I do find Twitter one that takes awhile to learn.  I definitely benefited from taking a class to understand the use of hashtags to be part of a group.  I also found learning about the TweetDeck to be very helpful in organizing who one follows as well as the group chats.

Since taking this class and using Twitter, I have found several ways in which it can be used in the classroom and used amongst teachers.  I personally find the professional resources and information shared invaluable.  For school promotion, Twitter is a great way to share with followers the great things happening either through a message, photo, video, and/or link.  In the classroom, the use of TwitterChats, sharing resources, providing assignments, vocabulary, etc.  There are many options available.  The challenge is to have students and teachers with Twitter accounts.  Twitter is not a popular app for students and teachers, as well as parents, where I currently teach.  There would certainly need to be a push to create accounts and provide training on the use of Twitter.

I am a National Board Candidate Support Provider and I want to use Twitter to share information with my candidates next year.  This will be helpful to update them with information, share resources, and link them to the National Board Twitter account.  I will also like to use a TwitterChat as part of the professional development provided.  I really enjoy the professional learning and connection Twitter makes available.  I am very glad I have learned to use Twitter in this class!

No comments:

Post a Comment